Posted by Bryna Bear aka Gluten Free Baking Bear
My son, who is a wheat eating vegan, ate the whole batch in two days and asked if the recipe was on my blog. I told him that I would post it next, so here is the recipe.
VEGAN GLUTEN FREE BRAZILIAN CHEESE BREAD
Makes 11 rolls if using a 2-inch scoop
|Shredded ‘cheese’. Use non dairy cheese shreds such as Go Veggie or Daiya. For Red Lobster type rolls use cheddar shreds for milder more neutral tasting bread use mozzarella shreds. You can also use veggie parmesian cheese instead of shreds.
|Non dairy margarine-melted or olive oil.
|Dried Herbs such as Parsley or Dill or herbs of choice.
If you use fresh herbs you will need to use more, 1 Tbs. or to taste.
(Herbs are optional.)
For Red Lobster type rolls use parsley.
|Garlic Powder or Onion Power or Chives (optional).
For Red Lobster type rolls use garlic powder.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on lowest speed until there is no loose flour. Increase the speed to medium and mix for 1-2 minutes. The dough will be dry and very crumbly, but will stay together if pressed firmly into a ball.
Dough will be this crumbly, but will stay together
when squeezed into a ball with your hands.
- Measure out portions of the dough with a scoop that measures 2” across. Press each portion of crumbly dough together and shape into a ball.
- Place each ball on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2-inches of space between each portion. After baking the ball will flatten slightly.
Raw dough balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops start to get lightly browned.
Baked Vegan GF Brazilian Cheese Bread.
- Serve warm. Once cooled they get a little stiff, reheating will restore the original texture.